Monday, March 10, 2014

Tricky 3 (Using Urban Decay's Naked 3)

Trick is a gorgeous color in the Naked 3 palette. It's like an orangey/pinky glimmer goodness for your eyes. I watched a YouTube video this morning using Naked 3 and figured I would put my own spin on the look. If you don't know yet, Urban Decay has this whole "Naked" line of shadows, lip glosses, face powders, etc., that are geared towards the nudes. The "3" is pink nudes, soft, romantic, and pretty. I have used it a lot lately, as I am thinking of spring. In the wintertime I go a little darker with my makeup, but now that it is warming up, I am liking softer colors. Okay. Here we go....my "Tricky 3" look down below:

 
I really, really like how this turned out today. It was soft and somewhat subtle, the focus being on the eyes, but the cheeks/lips rounding it all out.
 


Do you see the shimmer? I first applied Trick on the "balls" of my eyes all the way up into the crease, patting the eyeshadow into place. (Patting a shimmer shade will help keep the glitter intact and prevent fallout.) Using Limit I took a fluffy crease brush and blended out the harsh line from Trick. Then I took a small stiff crease brush (I use ELF's $3 crease brush...it's amazing) and applied Nooner into the crease and a slight "v" on the outer corner of the eyes. I used Limit to blend a little more, up above my crease and onto my brow bone until there were no harsh lines. For the space just below my brows I used Strange as a highlight (this shade is matte and perfect for the brow highlight).

For the finishing touch, I used UD's 24/7 Liquid Liner in Smog on my top lash line, then used a dark brown eye pencil on the outer 1/2 of my lower lash line. It looked too blah, so I took a pencil brush and swept Trick on top of the brown pencil and all the way into the inner corner of the eye. Finished off with a coat of mascara and done!

Side view

Can you see the freckles on my nose?!?


The blush I have been loving lately is Mac's "Warm Soul". (Pictured above). It's a gorgeous warm, almost peachy light brown color with a slight shimmer. When I went into Mac to get a new foundation, the girl used this on me and I had to have it. I believe if I were stuck on an island, this is the blush I would want with me. You can see it on my cheeks 3 pictures above. I also used the bronzer from UD's Naked Flushed palette and a Smashbox highlighter on my cheek bones, down my nose, and on the sides of my upper face.


Above are 7 of the colors from the Naked 3 palette. I used Strange, Limit, Trick, & Nooner. For my lips, I used a Cargo Cosmetics lipstick (can't remember the shade) and a Lorac gold glitter gloss. Hope you liked today's look and thanks for reading this!

Leave me a comment with your favorite blush!

No comments:

Post a Comment