Thursday, July 17, 2014

New Nars "Dual-Intensity" Eyeshadows

Nars came out with some new "Dual-Intensity" eyeshadows that can be used dry for a light wash of color, or wet for intense color, and oh are they pretty!


Cassiopeia, Europa, & Phoebe
Real Techniques Shading Brush
Cassiopeia is an iridescent pink that has a slight purple/pink duo-chrome. This one is my favorite and is the most unique color I have ever seen. Europa is a peachy-pink, and Phoebe is an amethyst (purple). These three shadows together are perfection for me. Although I own purple shadows, I have been scared to use them, as I always wind up looking like I have a black eye. That, and the fallout from other brands is bad. I am blown away with the Nars. They are velvet in texture, are easy to blend (even when wet), and last ALL day long. I did my makeup at 11:00 this morning and it is now just past 9 p.m. and my eye makeup still looks as good as it did when I first applied it. I used the Real Techniques Shading Brush and am happy with the results. Nars does sell a "wet/dry" brush, but at a $28 price tag, I shied away from it. This RT one for $6 works well. To wet the shadows I spritzed my brush with MAC's fix +, then dipped into the shadow. No hard pan formed, which made me happy.


Mascara is Too Faced's "Better Than Sex"



I put Phoebe on the outer 1/3 and Europa all over the rest of my eye area. Europa is really light, almost fleshy peach-pink. Then, because of the glitter from Cassiopeia, I put that on the upper part of Phoebe and up to my outer brow bone. Finished with a line of Revolver liquid liner from Urban Decay and some mascara. Simple & fast. I took these pictures at night, so they aren't the greatest, and the color doesn't pick up all that well, but in real life, it's pretty, but not intense. These shadows are quickly becoming my favorite, what are your favorite shadows?

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment