Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mossy Green Subtle Smokey Eye

I had gotten a Lancôme Color Design quint in the color "507 Metallic Moss" last month, but never used it. My reasoning for buying it was that I didn't have any green shadows, and this would be the last palette I get before going on a no-buy. Today I cracked that baby open:


Lancôme Color Design - 507 Metallic Moss (flash/natural light)

If you've never used a Lancôme quint before, the colors all  mesh together beautifully, taking the guesswork out of what colors to pair with one another. It even tells you where to place the separate shadows on the eye. Easy peasy. The formula is a dream to blend, but there is a lot of shimmer (which I don't mind, but others may). The highlight shade (middle row, all the way to the right) is to die for. I don't know how else to describe it, except: light wash of beige with micro multi-colored shimmer...it is so pretty and is ultimately what drew me into this palette in the first place. The bottom pan (dark shade) can be used wet/dry as eyeliner...it's pretty much the best formula I have ever used for "shadow as liner".

 

These shadows are not overpoweringly bright, and the effects of the shadows are hard to see unless you are right up on someone. I personally like the subtleness of Lancôme products in general, especially on normal days. Again, I know my pictures aren't the greatest, but this blog is more for myself, a diary and a place to keep my favorite looks/products/thoughts. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment