Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Clinique Foundation

I feel like I am always on the search for the perfect foundation. Different times of the year call for different foundations. My coloring changes constantly it seems, as well as my skin needs. I thought I had "normal" skin, come to find out it is actually dry, with oil in the T-zone, and acne prone on my chin. It's a hot mess.

I went on the hunt this morning for a new foundation. One that is medium coverage, allowing my freckles to show through, I don't like the muskiness that the EL Double Wear gave me. (Double Wear sucks for dry skin, by the way). I found myself at the Clinique counter in Nordstrom's, after telling an employee I would not spend more than $40 on a foundation when she was trying to talk me into Givenchy. Uhm, no thank you. It's foundation. I wash it off every night.

Below is a picture of what I purchased:
Clinique Superbalanced Makeup in 04 cream chamois, Blended Face Powder in 03 transparency, Cheek Pop in 04 plum pop, Chubby Stick in 20 jumbo jasmine, All About Eyes eye cream.

My first impressions of the Clinique Superbalanced Makeup are good. It is not too thick and came out of the pump easily. I only needed 2 pumps to cover my whole face, using Sephora Pro Airbrush #55 (I forgot how much I love this brush!) It blended well, and surprisingly concealed the redness from blemishes and helped hide my under-eye circles.


No makeup at all. Fresh faced, dark circles, blemishes, & all!

Superbalanced makeup, one coat, no concealer.

Blended face powder, Cheek Pop in 04 plum pop, & Chubby Stick in 20 jumbo jasmine (that's it! NO concealer or anything at all. I would be comfortable walking out of the house in JUST this makeup)
I have high hopes for this foundation/powder combo. I think we all just want to be comfortable in our skin, so please don't fail me Clinique! For me, the best part is the price point. Nothing was over-the-top $$$, which enabled me to be willing to buy more than just the foundation. I'm happy.

Side note: The Cheek Pop is to die for. The formula went on so smooth and settled into a nice, natural flush...I'm hooked! After being disappointed in Revlon's Kissable lip balms (too drying), I now know why Clinique had the first chubby lippies. They are GOOD! Creamy and pigmented, does not crack or make my lips feel dry.

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    I just wanted to say, a huge thank you for the fab post. I really needed a fresh look to get me back on the road to looking even remotely human : ) (Its been hit and miss with make up due to a very long illness & well, I'd basically given up!) so finding this little post, has inspired me enough to order exactly what you have used and wrote down on your blog! The Chubby stick is 'no longer' sadly, so I chose the 'Plushest Punch'.....and fingers crossed it works for me too!!

    It's very, very rare that I bother to write any comments, but I had to say thank you on this occasion. From a very smiley girly from Cumbria, UK. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too always on the search for a good foundation, in fact I go through entire brands to find the exact one that is perfect for me. This one really suits you. It provides good coverage with a natural and light look. If you want any more information on them, I've tried all the foundations from cliniqueand you can read about them here.

    ReplyDelete