Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Project Pan / Use It Up Update #3

I realize that my last few posts have been all updates, aka trash. But, since starting this journey at the beginning of this year, I am seeing the joy in decluttering and using up all the bits & pieces. Most of these include skin care samples, but in doing this I have learned what I like, what I hate, and most importantly, what works for me. My ultimate goal is to find one item in each category that is holy grail for me. Makeup and skin care is totally personal preference, so just because I dislike something, doesn't mean it won't work for someone else.

I purchased what I hope will be my holy grail foundation and primer combination. Fingers crossed my hunt is over..more to come on that later. Now, onto my trash! (With mini-reviews).


CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous - This shade is way too dark/pink for me right now. I do enjoy this foundation, but it can be cakey and the matte finish isn't my ultimate favorite. I need some life in my skin. Plus, the sunscreen is expired in it, and I am a lot OCD about expiration dates.
Clinique Superbalanced Makeup - This is completely empty. This was nice but wore off really fast. I usually put it on around 7 a.m. and it is broken down by noon.
Estee Lauder Double Wear - Not good for dry skin at all. One layer isn't enough, but two is too much. I will never repurchase this foundation. Cutting my losses on this, plus this bottle is almost a year old.
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask - Meh...used this on my neck, didn't notice any difference whatsoever. Won't be buying the full size. (As of now I am not impressed with this brand and am waiting on pins and needles for the serum stuff I own to be gone).
Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover - Holy Grail status.
Items in picture are much larger than they appear.
Tarte Lights Camera Lashes - This mascara flakes on me to no end.
Lancome Definicils - This guy is a flaker also. And it stinks.
Algenist something something serum - The price for the full size isn't worth it to me. It had a stinky natural smell but did feel good after washing my face.
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer - I thought I liked this, but found out it isn't good for dry skin (and was more than likely drying me out even more). Oily girls will love it though.
Fresh Sugar Shine Lip Treatment - I took the stopper out and used this all up. The last itty bit got stinky, but I enjoyed it.
Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm - From an ipsy bag...Sort of slippery, but overall it was nice.

WooHoo! 11 more items out of my stash!!! (And countless foil packets I didn't show). Lesson learned today: deluxe samples are great for trying new things out before spending money on full size versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment