Saturday, July 18, 2015

Beach Essentials

 I live a half mile from the beach. That said, the kids and I spend a lot of our summer days there. I have a few essentials that always go with me. Very few really, as I am not a high-maintenance beach goer.



Besides always having a water bottle and some snacks, the first two things that get packed are boogie-boards and this awesome tie-dyed sheet my sister made a few summers ago. It is big enough to lay down on without worrying about rolling over and landing in the sand. I always bring a book to the beach...my last read was "Wicked" which took me 2 full summers to finish. Now I am onto "Cat Sense" because #catladyforlife. 

As for protecting myself from the sun: My favorite sunscreen is any light/lotion-like such as Hawaiian Tropic's Sheer Touch. I also use any variety of tanning oil that has a low sunscreen in it. Lip balms must also have sun protection, and baby powder. Did you know that if you have sand stuck in your hands (uhm, kids hands) that rubbing baby powder will remove all the sand? Super cool and it really works. I never go to the beach without the powder because my kids hate eating their granola bars with sandy hands.

Oh...my last essential: The brightest nail polish I can possibly find for my toes. Preferably one of the Orly neons that came out a few months ago.




2 comments:

  1. I never knew that trick with the baby powder. Will have to remember that for next time I go to the beach. That's awesome that you live that close to it. TFS! xoxoxo
    Cherise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, we are pretty close, very blessed. I don't go as often as I should....but it really is wonderful to be able to just go. xo

      Delete