Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover

In the past I have tried a ton of different eye makeup removers, including, but not limited to, baby oil. Nothing seemed to work the way it needed to. Oil-free versions, the kind you have to shake to activate (which took me about a month to realize), wipes, everything. I was getting really tired of fighting with taking my makeup off every night. Mascara that left raccoon eyes the next morning, eyeliners that deemed it necessary to make their nest in my eyelashes, not a pretty sight.

I went ravaging through the Sephora website on the hunt for the top-rated eye makeup remover. Lancôme's Bi-Facil shouted my name and after reading through pages of reviews, I decided to take the plunge and just go for it.


The cap is one of those safety ones you have to push and turn, which made me happy, knowing that it will be locked for travel and won't spill any of "the precious" in my bag. There is a faint "clean" scent, but is in no way irritating to my eyes. I did have to shake the bottle to "activate", but I have this weird thing with shaking liquids anyways, even milk....

I had read a review that said to wet your cotton ball first, but I decided to try with a dry cotton ball first. My eye makeup sort of came off, but not as easily as I had hoped. I wet my jumbo ball, wrang out the wet, then applied a few drops of this remover and lifted it to my eyes. Perfection. All it took was a few swipes, no tugging or pulling, and all my eye makeup was off. Even my 24/7 eyeliner that is virtually indestructible came off with no resistance. There was no itchy, watery eyes afterwards, something that baby oil (and other removers) have given me in the past. You know that cloudiness over your eyeballs where you have to stand in front of the mirror until you can see again feeling?

Needless to say,  I am hooked!!! I am hoping this bottle lasts me a long while, because it is pricey. But it works. Very well. This has become my new holy grail of removers. Dang, I just wrote a whole post on eye makeup remover!

Tip of the day: Shop around for your perfect eye makeup remover. Most stores have a good return policy on cosmetics, and if you do not like something, return it! There is no point in wasting money on something that you just don't like and does not do what it claims to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment