Sunday, February 23, 2014

Winged Liner & A Pop of Pink Lip

I somewhat envy those girls who can do an amazing winged liner. I know it takes practice, and I have been trying my hardest to get it down. So far, I can manage a baby wing. I really like the look of a winged eye with a bright lip. It reads classic to me, and though I would like to say is a faster look to do when I am just trying to hurry, in all honesty, my baby wing took me close to 20 minutes. Well worth it though. I'd rather have a close to perfect baby wing than a sloppy big wing. Ha, sort of like when a fairy gets her wings I suppose. Takes time to grow.


My look was actually centered around my lip color. I picked up on a "somewhat" whim a new Lancôme gloss when I was at Ulta two weeks ago. The sparkle and color just shouted my name when I walked by. It was screaming "SSSTTTEEEEEPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHANIEEEEEE!!!!!" So of course I had to rescue it and take it home with me to be my new baby....That's my story and I'm sticking to it anyways. Lancôme's La Laque Fever, color 384 Electric Pink. Probably more perfect for summer, but I don't follow trends/seasons very well. This gloss is so highly pigmented it's ridiculous! Not only did it stay on for almost half the day, when it was wearing off, there was a stain of the color left on my lips. If you want (need) a shocking pink sparkly gloss, this is the one for you.


 
 
 Makeup I used:
Urban Decay eyeshadow - Virgin
Tarte cream liner - Black
Lancôme La Laque Fever - Electric Pink
NYX blush - Pinched (super similar to Nars' Orgasm blush, but softer)

Tip of the day: Practice your wing...there are countless YouTube vid's of how to's, but it really does just take a steady hand and patience.

Thanks for reading...leave me a comment with your favorite lip gloss and why you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment