Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Vice 2 Neutrals/Golden Eyes

I never used to like to wear neutral eyeshadow. I thought it boring and always liked brighter colors on my eyes. Looking back at pictures, what was I thinking?!? I got the Vice 2 palette from Urban Decay for the bright colors, but have honestly used the neutrals more than anything. Now I realize that there are times when a neutral eye is better than a bright eye. Granted, I still love those bright colors, but have learned to use them as a pop instead of a full eye look. Older and wiser I suppose. (When I am brave enough I will find one or some of those old photos...)



The other main reason behind my not going full on clown with the brights: The night before my husband and I got married (rather, eloped in Vegas), he told me I look like a clown with all that nonsense on my face, specifically my eyes. For a while I quit wearing makeup all-together, but that wasn't me. I am a tried-and-true makeup addict, and honestly, I feel better (inside and outside) when my face is on.

So, here it is, yesterday's look using the Vice 2 palette, all bottom row shadows with a touch of gold glitter from MAC on the inside corners for added sparkle.




Makeup items I used:
Eyeshadow: Urban Decay's Vice 2 palette - all bottom row colors
Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil - Roach (gorgeous chocolate brown with gold shimmer
                Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil - Whiskey (on water line)
Blush/Bronzer/Highlight: Urban Decay's Flushed palette
Lips: Hourglass Femme Nude lipstick - Nude #3

~You can click on any of the pictures to view larger~




Tip of the day: Glitter on the inside corner of the eye will catch the light, giving a little something extra to your look. It's definitely a personal preference, so go with what you feel comfortable with.

Leave a comment with your favorite nude eyeshadows/palettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment