Saturday, January 3, 2015

Makeup Inventory 2015

This post is simply for wanting to know my exact numbers of what is in my makeup hoard. I honestly thought they would be bigger in all, and some categories had larger numbers than I even expected. Yesterday I cleaned out any old, yucky, "I won't ever use makeup", and that might have helped some numbers be lower than what I expected them to be. I did write down in my notebook exact colors, but I won't do that here because no one cares and it would take me all night to re-write them down. As I finish up items, I can mark them off in my notebook, which will show me progress visually. I organized my vanity and am just happy everything fits on the top and in one drawer (not shown):



Without further ado, here are my makeup inventory numbers for 2015:
(First number is how many I actually own & second number is how many I strive to get down to.)


  • Foundation : 5 / 2
  • Face Powder : 2 / 1
  • Face Primer : 6 / 1
  • Eye Primer : 4 / 1
  • Lip Primer : 2 / 1
  • Mascara : 6 / 2
  • Liquid Eyeliner : 10 / 5
  • Pencil Eyeliner : 20 / 10
  • Gel Eye Liner : 2 / 2
  • Jumbo Eye Pencil : 4 / 3
  • Lip Pencils : 12 / 8
  • Cream Shadows : 10 / 8
  • Powder Highlighters : 5 / 4
  • Bronzers : 2 / 2
  • Blush : 18 / I have not decided yet...17?
  • Eyeshadow Palettes : 8 / 5
  • Lip Scrubs : 2 / 1
  • Lip Gloss : 30 / 12
  • Lipstick : 30 / 18
  • Single Eyeshadows : 49 / 40

Approximate Total Items: 227

In my counts I did not add in my 2 concealers, any of my MAC pigments/glitters, and I left out a few single eyeshadows that I am trying to decide if I will actually keep.

Thankfully I do not have a body care or candle problem...

I do have a semi-excess amount of sample size face washes, eye creams, etc., that I will be using but will not count in my numbers. That said, I plan on using all my sample sizes and a few different opened bottles of face wash/face masks, before I purchase any more. Also, some of the eye and face primers are samples, but I included them since a little goes a long way with those types of products. Oh! I also did not include my beloved ColourPop single shadows, just because...

Wish me luck! And what a happy day it will be when I can finally say my total items is lower!

2 comments: