Monday, January 19, 2015

Project Pan/Use It Up Update #1

I am 19 days into my no-buy/project pan/use it up. So far so good. I have purchased brush cleaner (desperately needed) and have been trying to find a foundation. The ones that I have are either too dark, or are not fitting my skins needs as of right now. Today I picked up the new Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte, and I am hoping my hunt is over. First impression is fairly good. The true test will be wearing it to work tomorrow. (My no-buy does not include foundations or nail polishes).

I have two items that I am saying good-bye to for Project Pan. I just can't with them anymore. The first is a sample size Bare Minerals 5 in 1 cream shadow: it is way too dark to use as a base and I found myself missing my Painterly Paint Pot way too much. Since I did not spend any money on the 5 in 1, I am calling it good & trashing it tonight. The second item is Estee Lauder Luminous Primer: it just plain sucks. I have never hated a cosmetic product more in my life. It makes me way too glowy and settles into every single line and pore I did not know I had. Also, I am beginning to think/realize that Estee Lauder products in general dry my skin out, and I can't be having that. I have some samples of other face primers I am going to use, while still be on the hunt for a 'moisturizing' primer. My eye is on the new TooFaced Hangover Rx Primer.

Final photo of the two most hated products in my makeup life. Good-bye! It hasn't been nice knowing you!
I am going to supplement these two items with random samples, skin care, and a Victoria's Secret body spray. Stuff I actually want to use. I have realized that if I do not like something, why bother using it? Just upsets me. Have a wonderful short week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment