Friday, March 6, 2015

"Finish 5 by Cinco de Mayo" Intro

I am jumping into the "Finish 5 by Cinco de Mayo" challenge a little late, but I have exactly two months to make some serious progress on these five items:



MAC Viva Glam V lipstick - My oldest lipstick in my collection, and the above photo shows what is left of it. It is one of my favorite colors and I have a few similar colors in my hoard.

MAC Soar lipliner - Again, another oldie, but my all time favorite lipliner. Pairs perfectly with Viva Glam V.

Tarte Gel Liner - This ish is $$$ and I do not want it to go to waste by drying out, so I have decided to give this some love. I can use it for a mini wing, and it works really well in my waterline.

Clinique liquid facial soap mild - I feel like this is too harsh for my skin, aka dries it out. So, since I have already found a face wash I love, I am going to use this to wash my foundation/concealer brushes because it is wonderful for that!

Laneige Water Bank Serum - I don't find that this does much for me at all. It is supposed to be hydrating, but ____? Instead of using this on my face, I do like it for my neck/decolletage area underneath my Neutrogena Face sunscreen moisturizer.


Here you can see how I marked how far along I have to go/gotten with my products. I got the idea of marking on paper from PrettyPistol86 on YouTube. (If you don't watch her, you are missing out!) I don't know how to really mark progress on the gel liner, but I took a "before" photo of it for my personal visual sighting. (That doesn't make much sense, but you get the idea, right?)


I will update this project every two weeks, here on my little blog and on Instagram. Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Stephanie with this project! You should have no problem finishing those items up in 2 months. The only one I would question is the gel liner. I know a little bit goes a long way but even if you can see to the bottom of the glass jar, that's still a victory!! Looking forward to see your next update! xoxoxo
    BrownEyedGirlCherise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherise...oh man oh man. I checked the status of my liner & lipstick today. They haven't gone down at all it seems! The gel liner was a mistake to put in...that thing is going to take a year to use up. But the cleanser is all gone and I am almost done with the serum. I was going to post an update, but it is pointless because there is nothing new to show. I swear that lipstick is never-ending.

      Delete