Friday, June 19, 2015

ColourPop's Coconut

If you haven't guessed by now, I am in love with ColourPop. Their eyeshadows are perfection; their creamy mousse-like texture dries to a long-lasting powder with intense color payoff. And they are only $5.

Coconut is a summer exclusive shade and I have had it on  my mind since I received it, but didn't really know what to do with it. Today I decided to go full ham and have it be the center of attention like it deserves.




First I applied Strength all over my crease and blended it upwards towards my brow bone. Then I carefully swept Coconut all over the outer 3/4 of my lid and up towards my crease. Tassel is the inner corner and I smudged that into Coconut for a faded gradient. I also used Coconut and Tassel on my undereye for a rounded out look. I like that when I have my eyes "open" it's not too intense in your face, but there is still a pop of color. (Ha! Do you like that play on words?)



The brushes I have found that work best when blending out ColourPop's Super Shock Shadows is anything synthetic. Synthetic brushes can deposit the color and blend it out for a more sheered look. Using your fingertip is messy, but I found that those little sponge-tip applicators work really well for applying a good color deposit on the lid. I found mine at Sally's Beauty Supply for $2 a dozen. My favorite "crease" brush is the Sephora Precision Powder Shadow. It holds a ton of product and blended the blue really well without skipping. The Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush is what I used for sweeping Strength all over the crease and browbone. And the Real Techniques Accent Brush is a gem for applying color to the lower lash line. Basically, any synthetic brushes work with ColourPop products if you don't want to use your fingers.


If you read all this, I applaud you. Thank you for taking time out of your day to visit me and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful look! I love all the pics you post and the explanation as well. Great job!
    Cherise xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete