Saturday, June 20, 2015

Quality over Quantity

Every morning I sit at my vanity and look over my makeup. Some stuff I love, others I don't. My collection is not as large as others I have seen. But it is larger than the "average" female's collection. And I am a tad embarrassed by that fact. That said, I swatched a whole bunch of lip products I have not touched in a long time. As in they have dust sitting on their caps. And I made some cuts and am throwing out things I know I will never use. Picture below of said items:




4 eye products and 13 lip products have found their way out of my collection this evening.

Doing this on a whim tonight I realize that the quality of a makeup product is more important to me than quantity: or how much I have. Whether the item be drugstore or high end, I want it to perform up to my standards, and not just take up valuable space on my vanity.

I also realized that 3 of the above are from ipsy bags. So, do I cancel my ipsy and save $10 a month or continue to receive sub-par items that will eventually go into a declutter? (And all those bags...they are sitting in a drawer, untouched for the last 8 months.)

I have learned that I do not need the newest cosmetics all the time (ColourPop excluded), and that lipgloss really does go bad: here's looking at you smelly Tarte lippies. I want items that I absolutely love. And I want to enjoy looking at my collection with no guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment