Sunday, April 5, 2015

Because glitter, duh!


It's glitter week!!! I LOVE glitter. My idea of makeup 12 years ago was throwing on some mascara, blush, lipgloss, and plastering some prisma glitter I got from my mom's scrapbooking stash all over my eyes and stuck in the lipgloss. The more the better, no shame here. Now that I am 30+ years old, I don't  think I can get away with my old ways. But, I can still rock glitter in a more grown up way.

Every day this week I will be incorporating glitter into my eyeshadow looks. I am challenging myself to not wear the same look twice and see how I can mix up the sparkles. I would like to use the chunky glitters I have (gold, grey, burgandy above) and that will be a challenge to figure out for sure!


Above glitters are from MAC: Reflects Blue, Reflects Pearl, Gold, Grey, Reigning Riches. I also own the bronzey color in the pot (first picture, I don't know the name of it), a Jesse's Girl Pure Pigment Eye Dust in "Pixie Dust", and I STILL have that prisma glitter from my mom! Tomorrow I will have Reflects Pink from MAC (Oh Happy Day!!!!)

Look for my posts here and on Instagram. I will use the #becauseglitterduh if you want to show me your glittery goodness also!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with! I love glitter too, I don't think we ever outgrow it! xoxoxo
    BrownEyedGirlCherise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could be like Tinkerbell and drop glitter everywhere I went I would be happy. I'm excited as well to see what I can come up with. This will get my creative juices flowing...I already swatched Blue Reflects on top of that black gel liner from Tarte that is supposed to be in my finish 5 by Cinco de Mayo...and ooooohhhh myyyyy goooodnesssss... *insert heart eyes emoji here*

      Delete
  2. HAHAHAA I could see you in a little green Tinkerbell outfit flying around sprinkling glitter everywhere, I can see it!! Ooooh that sounds pretty, probably made the blue really POP! Glad you are having fun and enjoying playing around with your makeup!! xoxoxo
    Cherise

    ReplyDelete