Friday, April 10, 2015

#becauseglitterduh Day 5 - Gold Glitter

I am going to end this mini-challenge to myself with the glitter I was most scared of using: straight up gold. Literally, that is what it is called. "Gold".  I got it in one of the holiday pigments set from MAC last year and never played with it. I started out with only putting it on like an outer corner eyeliner, and when some fell onto my lashes, I figured I would go half ham and apply it to my outer bottom lashes as well. I now see flashes of light when I blink, going to imagine this is what Tinkerbell sees when she is flying and throwing pixie dust over her shoulder.


I used the Tamanna Palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills and MAC 'Melon' Pigment on the lid. Inner corner highlight is once again Makeup Geek's 'Shimma Shimma'. I like this look, it is softer with a flash of light when I blink.
So, there we have it. Five days straight of glitter infused eyeshadow. I have a few other things I want to write about, but want to say thank you if you have come here everyday this week to see what glittery goodness I come up with. I know they aren't super spectacular looks, but I have enjoyed this.

Some things I have learned this week:

  • There is more than one way to use glitter.
  • Gold really is not that bad.
  • I finally figured out how to take decent close up eye shots.
  • Glitter is really hard to capture in a still shot.
Again, thank you for reading and have a wonderful weekend! If you have any ideas for a mini makeup challenge you would like to see me do, leave a comment here or on my instagram @daiseygirly    XoXo

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this mini challenge, Stephanie. It was fun to come and see what look you created with the glitters and your thoughts. For future challenges, how about 5 days using a specific colored eyeshadow but in 5 different ways. I don't know, you girls are the creative ones. Excited to see what you do next!
    With Love,
    Cherise xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cherise! Oh my gosh! Okay, so I am totally going to do what you suggested with the specific color...I wonder if I could do it 5 days in a row....that will definitely be a challenge for me because I am all over the place with my colors. I love it! I will start on Monday then. This will also help me try to start panning a shadow. Thank you for your input! Xoxo Stephanie. :)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what you come up with! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete