Saturday, April 18, 2015

Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer

I am a sucker for lipsticks. Just like I am a sucker for blushes. I had seen a review on the new Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer that piqued my interest. I ordered one from Sephora, bought one at Nordstrom's, and another from the PX. I am hooked. I really do not like matte lipsticks, I need moisture on my lips otherwise I look like I have never drank water a day in my life.

And moisture is what these new lipsticks from Clinique have plenty of! They are almost addicting to apply because they feel soooo good. I thought the NARS Audacious lipsticks felt good, but these top that and at half the price. They are not long wearing, but I think if they were considered a long-wear lipstick they would not feel as nice as they do.

I will probably wind up buying Cherry Pop as well. It is a pink/blue based red that I have no words to describe, but I never wear red lipstick and I already own an Estee Lauder Color Envy red.

The three shades I picked up are:
Bare Pop - my lips but better with a hint of shimmer
Beige Pop - pinky beige that is a little light, but gives a very fresh, youthful look
Plum Pop - I find this to be a pinky plum...I thought it made my eyes stand out..I don't even know how to describe it except perfect.

This picture is janky, but the metal lid was messing with my camera. I LOVE how sleek these lipsticks look.

Swatches are in direct sunlight with no flash.

I am wearing Plum Pop in this picture.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty colors. So funny you purchased these, I purchased their blushes and had a couple of lipsticks in my cart but took them out. I still have 2 more days left for the 15% off..hmmmmmmm..lol Thanks for sharing pretty lady! xoxoxo
    Cherise

    ReplyDelete